Just Another Mommy's Blog...

Click Here to Follow Our Family Blog

Click Here to Follow Our Family Blog
The Santos Family
a mom blog community!

We Love G Diapers!

We Love G Diapers!
Check out their website by clicking on the image
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, August 10, 2012

Mommy's Hopes

Even when we are little girls, we have an idea of what we want our children's lives to look like, what we want them to be...

I remember thiking about all the things in my life as a child..or challenges I would face and I would dream that someday I would have little one of my own and things would be different...The problem is that I am who I am.  I still posess some of the same faults, quirks and ingrained values that existed in my own childhood and throughout my life.  My biggest question as a mommy with a child who has not yet been tainted by the world is how do I raise my son to be everything I've always wanted him to be?...

Darn, I don't thnk I have as much control as I thought I would.  I suppose I should just give him the freedom to be himself and pray that God will direct him.  I've realized though, another thing I can do....I can only control myself.  This isn't the easy route.  If I want my child to follow through and complete things in life, I too must follow through.  If I want him to work hard for the things he wants in life, I too must work hard for the things I want.  If I want him to be a man of prayer, I too must pray.  I've been thinking a lot about this lately.  God, please give me the grace and the strength to let go and the bravery to do the things I have not yet done so that my son can see the right way to live, not just hear it from his nagging mommy.

Victories today:  We joined a local mommy grouop!  Hoping to make some strong frienships and make connections for play dates.  We had lunch with daddy on lunch hour.  We had lots of smiles.

Funny moments: Green beans and apple sauce do not make pleasant poopy diapers. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment